Finally a trail mix that Rudolph himself would eat! Enjoy this holiday trail mix as a snack or give it away as a sweet gift.
- 1 box Peanut Butter Panda Puffs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter – use sunflower butter to make nut-free
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups pretzel pieces
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups chocolate holiday candy of choice
- Place Peanut Butter Panda Puffs, pretzels, and nuts in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Microwave on low, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely melted. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour chocolate mix over the dry ingredients and quickly toss together until everything is pretty evenly coated in the chocolate.
- In a gallon-sized ziploc bag pour in 2 cups of powdered sugar. Add the chocolate cereal mix, seal and shake well.
- Pour into large bowl, add the holiday candy (if using), and serve.
- Store in tins or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
Landen McBride is a freelance writer from Austin, TX. You can find her most frequently at Measure and Whisk, a cooking blog that focuses on creating real food, with the occasional post about minimalist living. She enjoys reading, baking, and having adventures out of doors with her husband and toddler.