Total Time: 20-30 minutes
Who says food can't be fun! Monkey around with this filling and nutritious breakfast.
- 1 package of Envirokidz Homestyle Oatmeal
- 3-4 Tbs smooth peanut butter
- 1 banana (you will only need a few slices from it)
- 10 pepitas (or raw green pumpkin seeds)
- 20 minutes or so before you will be cooking the oatmeal, pull out a sheet of wax paper, and carefully spoon your peanut butter onto it.
- With a knife or a rubber spatula, smooth the peanut butter into a 1/2" thick oval with a smooth top (it should be about 2 1/2 inches wide and 1 1/2 inches tall). Place the peanut butter oval in your freezer for 15-20 minutes to let it harden.
- Next slice your banana up. You will need two slices for the eyes, and half a slice for the ears.
- Cook your oatmeal according to the package directions. Remove your peanut butter oval from the freezer, and with a knife, carefully remove it, and set it on the oatmeal in the center.
- Add the banana slices to create eyes and ears, and finish with the pepitas for the monkey pupils, nostrils, and smile.
Landen McBride is a freelance writer from Austin, TX. You can find her most frequently at Measure and Whisk, a cooking blog that focuses on creating real food, with the occasional post about minimalist living. She enjoys reading, baking, and having adventures out of doors with her husband and toddler.