Make these fun, edible Christmas tree snacks with your kids for a happy holiday food craft.
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 sugar cones
- 1 box Envirokidz Leapin' Lemurs Cereal
- 2 tbs dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup dried pineapple chunks
- 1/8 cup dried papaya chunks
- 2 tbs chopped candied lime peel (optional)
- 4 pieces of popped popcorn
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter, honey and vanilla and mix for 1-2 minutes until fluffy. If the mixture is really soft, refrigerate it for 10 minutes before you spread it on your cones.
- With a butter knife, carefully spread the honey butter over the sugar cones, then stick the cereal all over the cones in an even layer.
- Add additional dots of honey butter to the cereal layer, and stick the dried fruit and lime peel to it to create ornaments on the tree. Top with a piece of popcorn.
Landen McBride is a freelance writer from Austin, TX. You can find her most frequently at Measure and Whisk, a cooking blog that focuses on creating real food, with the occasional post about minimalist living. She enjoys reading, baking, and having adventures out of doors with her husband and toddler.