Get your morning off to a yummy start with these Berry Tasty Gorilla Munch® buttermilk pancakes. Perfect for sharing or saving some for later to enjoy cold or warmed up with a scoop of ice cream.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) EnviroKidz Gorilla Munch® Cereal
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp (5 mL) gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) honey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla yogurt
- In large bowl, combine Gorilla Munch® Cereal, buttermilk, milk, butter, sugar and flax.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift together gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt; whisk into cereal mixture until just combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Heat nonstick pan over medium heat; brush lightly with some of the oil.
- Pour batter, 1/4 cup (60 mL) at a time, into pan; cook pancakes for about 2 minutes or until bubbles appear.
- Turn and cook for 2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and batter.
- Topping: Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup (75 mL) each of blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries with honey; bring to simmer.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until berries are tender and juicy.
- Let cool.
- Serve pancakes with yogurt and berry topping.
- Garnish with remaining berries.
Per 1/8 recipe:
- Calories 220
- Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 380mg
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 11g
- Protein 5g