When’s the last time you treated your family to a banana split? Luckily this bowl of fruit-filled goodness gives you and the kids a treat without too much sweet. Whip up a batch of Banana Nice Cream, top with favourite fruits and healthy caramel sauce for a special-occasion breakfast or healthy dessert.
- 2 fresh bananas (to split lengthwise)
Banana Nice Cream:
- 2 frozen bananas (for the banana nice cream)
Healthy Caramel Sauce:
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- (OR try this Maple Nut Butter Drizzle)
- Crushed Koala Crisp cereal (or other cereal of your choice!)
- Chopped fruit of your choice (we used strawberries, pineapple and blueberries)
1. Make healthy caramel sauce by combining medjool dates, water, vanilla and sea salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Chop up your desired fruit and ready your banana split dishes by lining it with a banana cut length-wise.
3. Make banana nice cream according to this simple recipe. (.Just combine frozen bananas and vanilla in food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until smooth.)
4. Build your banana splits by scooping nice cream into dishes, topping with caramel sauce, crushed Koala Crisp cereal, fruit and optional whipped cream. Serve immediately and enjoy!